It’s that time of the year again: Daily Fantasy Basketball is winding down. The NBA Playoffs are coming up and will sure be jam-packed with high quality action, but for daily fantasy players, the grind of analyzing new basketball matchups is all but gone. With as much entertainment as NBA playoff games provide for the casual fan, it’s just not the same for the daily fantasy basketball player. Us die hard daily players will be lost, roaming the streets, unable to check our phones for the latest updates, missing the intense action late at night when you need Nicolas Batum to get just one more rebound…
But it’s all going to be okay! Daily Fantasy Baseball is here to save the day!
I know what you’re saying: baseball is too boring, and I just don’t have the drive to actually watch the games and care. That’s all fair if you’re not a baseball fan at heart, but once you start winning cash, I’m sure you’ll come around. If you like double-ups, you need to be playing Daily Fantasy Baseball. Plain and simple, it’s the easiest sport to win in daily fantasy if you put in the time.
In Daily Fantasy Basketball, you want all your picks to exceed “value.” If that doesn’t happen to just one guy you’ve picked, your chances of winning decrease by a large margin. That’s not the case in Daily Fantasy Baseball. Imagine playing a guy like Tim Duncan, a model of consistency this year who rarely has bad games, and he lays a dud (or more realistically, gets Popp’d as a late scratch and puts up zero fantasy points). BAM! You’ve instantly lost all of your money that night! You call it a day and get ready for tomorrow. Not the case in Daily Fantasy Baseball. You can pick Ryan Braun and have him go 0-4, but because of the viability of other good picks, you still have the opportunity to win. In basketball, more often than not, a zero in your lineup almost always guarantees that you are going to lose.
Obviously, you would prefer to not pick guys who go 0-4, but it happens. As long as you focus on having two solid pitchers and have some guys who hit well, chances are you’ll place in double-ups with ease.
On top of being able to afford bad picks, injuries and starting rosters are reported in a much more efficient and reasonable fashion, allowing you to make your decisions earlier and not have to worry as much about checking later. Set it and forget it. Little things like that really help out daily fantasy players.
Three Easy Things to Remember
- Check the weather! This week was the first example of people getting burned by rainouts in Cleveland. Robinson Cano and Kevin Youkilis were great picks, but ended up not playing due to postponed games. Don’t let this happen to you!
- Check the starting lineups! Just like in the NBA, you need to be on top of who’s starting, who has an off-day, and all of the injury news. Thankfully, MLB makes that much easier for daily users as mentioned above.
- There is so much information out there, USE IT! MLB is famous for the crazy amounts of statistical data provided through a multitude of different websites. Here are some of the more basic and useful stats out there:
- BvP (Batter vs. Pitcher) – stats that show every at-bat between pitchers and hitters and the result
- BvR & BvL (Batter vs. Righty/Lefty pitchers)
- Stats on if batters prefer home, away, day, night, grass, etc.
- What teams players do best best against
- What stadiums they hit well in
- How pitchers do well vs lefty/righty hitters
- ERA, K/9 ratio
- Home, away, day, night stats for everything
- What stadiums they pitch best in
- What teams they dominate
Before this year, I’ve never taken Daily Fantasy Baseball seriously. My whole life, I’ve played yearly leagues and was always that guy who was pumped about the draft but then a month in didn’t check anymore. You end up missing a couple of days, and all of a sudden, you’re in last place and giving up hope. That’s not the case in daily fantasy. If you’re busy, you take the day off. No repercussions (other than missing out on potential winnings), and you get to start fresh the next time out. I began to realize that if I put in half the effort that I put into researching Daily Fantasy Basketball, there’s no reason the cash won’t start to pile up.
We make it easy for you here at Daily Fantasy Radio, with our DFR Live Show, The Inside Pitch and our Daily Fantasy Baseball Draft Kits here to help you build your perfect lineups. Isn’t it time for you to start winning too?