Over the past two years I’ve discovered a few daily fantasy tips that can help players at all levels.
These daily fantasy tips are timeless nuggets that will help you maximize your earnings potential each night. These daily fantasy tips are not a comprehensive list of what it takes to be a long-term daily fantasy winner, but rather an aid to those who are looking to gain a small edge wherever they can. These daily fantasy tips are in no particular order.
Ten Quick Daily Fantasy Tips
10. Leave Emotions At The Door - Watching sports is inherently emotional. We root for our favorite teams and players. That’s understandable and part of what makes it fun. When it comes to the money you’re investing in daily fantasy sports though you must detach yourself emotionally. Everyone goes on losing streaks and you don’t want to let that sap your enjoyment of what led you to fantasy sports in the first place.
9. Don’t Play Outside Your Means - This goes hand-in-hand with #10. If you’re putting an amount of money into play that will mean something to you if you lose it, then you should move down in stakes. If not you won’t be able to afford playing for long.
8. Diversify Your Lineups The More You Invest - If you do want to invest a larger percentage make sure you diversify your players. Everyone can have a bad night or succumb to an injury. By spreading out the players you like evenly across your rosters you minimize your chances of being screwed by a twist of fate.
7. Utilize Twitter - There is a wealth of vital information at your fingertips and if you’re not accessing it you’re doing yourself a great injustice. You can go to my Twitter profile and view the lists I follow for a good point of reference.
6. Read As Many Articles As You Can - There are many successful players who write articles on daily top plays. Most people don’t have the time to examine raw data every day, but you can stand on the shoulders of daily fantasy giants by reading what the industry experts have uncovered.
5. Take Advantage Of Deposit Bonuses - It’s free money for doing absolutely nothing! Never be afraid of branching out to a new site if they’re offering you significant free money.
4. Look For Overlay - Many contests in daily fantasy have guaranteed prize pools. Entering these contests when they are at less than maximum capacity is essentially the same as paying a reduced entry fee.
3. Know The Injury Situation - This is one of the daily fantasy tips it pays to stay on top of yourself. Many solid players will seem like “good” buys at a discounted salary, but there may be a good reason why they haven’t been performing up to snuff.
2. Know What Type Of Lineup You’re Building - Are you in a head-to-head or double-up contest? Then you may want to draft safe players who have a history of consistent production. In a large tournament with many entries you’ll need to select more volatile options that have the capacity for huge games at discounted price tags.
1. Study Winning Lineups - There are many successful daily fantasy players that you can mine data from. Find their lineups at the end of the night and see what makes them successful. You may notice a pattern that can help patch up weaknesses in your own game.